News Singapore Premier League • June 8, 2020
25 Moments in 25 Years: Relive past matches of the Singapore Premier League!
SINGAPORE, 8 JUNE 2020 – As part of efforts to commemorate 25 years of professional football in Singapore, the Football Association of Singapore (FAS) is proud to launch the 25 Moments in 25 Years campaign!
This endeavour will see 25 selected matches from the past quarter-century, starting from 1996, the inaugural season of the S.LEAGUE – rebranded to the SPL in 2017 – being broadcast in full on the SPL Facebook page. This will initially take place every Tuesday and Friday, and fans can relive the thrills, spills and skills through the years from the comfort of their own homes.
Later on in the campaign, fans will also get the opportunity to choose between two games during certain weeks – with their choice then being broadcast for that week. Other interactive options, such as online polls and quizzes, will also be rolled out to further engage fans.
As a teaser to the campaign, the 1994 Malaysia Cup final between Pahang FA and Singapore – the last professional league match before the formation of the S.LEAGUE – was broadcast on Sunday.
The first match that will be premiered has been scheduled for this Friday, 12 June and features two teams from the 1996 season – stay tuned for that and the upcoming games!
List of broadcast games (click on each to watch):
- Balestier Central vs SAF FC, 24 August 1996
- Gombak United vs Tanjong Pagar United, 6 April 2000
- Home United vs SAF FC, 20 July 2000
- Home United vs Sembawang Rangers, 17 March 2001
- Geylang United vs Home United, 19 May 2001
- Tampines Rovers vs Balestier Khalsa, 2 July 2004
- Balestier Khalsa vs SAF FC, 1 July 2005
- Young Lions vs Home United, 30 June 2006
- Tampines Rovers vs Geylang United, 30 March 2007