Singapore Premier League • August 29, 2019
Singapore Premier League Week 23: Preview
SINGAPORE, 29 AUGUST 2019 – With Hougang United and Brunei DPMM both in action, there could be a change of leadership in the table this weekend. Warriors FC will attempt to derail Albirex Niigata (S)’s title charge further as they look to close in on sixth-placed Geylang International, who face a Young Lions side that is win-less in three matches. We take a look at the weekend’s matches…
Young Lions vs Geylang International | 30 Aug | 7.45 PM | Jalan Besar | MyCujoo
Team news: There are no suspension issues for both teams but Geylang will miss Zikos Chua, who scored in each of his last two games against Young Lions, due to a long-term injury. The hosts have several players doubtful due to injury, including the likes of Nur Luqman, Syukri Bashir and Lionel Tan.
– Young Lions have lost their last six matches at home against Geylang.
– Young Lions have won all of the five matches in which they have scored first time this season.
– Geylang have the opportunity to record three consecutive league wins for the first time since September 2017.
– Geylang have already scored 29 goals, three more than last season’s tally.
– Geylang have scored nine goals after the 80th minute, the most of any team this season.
Warriors vs Albirex | 31 Aug | 5.30 PM | Jurong East | MyCujoo
Team news: Albirex will close the gap on third-placed Tampines Rovers to one point with victory here as they seek victory for the first time in six games.
– Warriors have lost each of their last 10 encounters against Albirex.
– Warriors have conceded 11 times after the 80th minute, the most of any team in the league.
– Albirex have not won any of their last five league matches, their worst such streak since October 2015.
– Hiroyoshi Kamata has scored in each of his last two matches against Warriors.
Hougang vs Home | 1 Sep | 5.30 PM | Jalan Besar | MyCujoo
Team news: Stipe Plazibat is a possible injury doubt for the Cheetahs, who are guaranteed to retain their spot at the top of the table with a win here. Home are seeking a second consecutive win.
– Home have conceded six times in the opening 10 minutes, the most of any team in the league.
– Hougang are on a four-game unbeaten run, their best such streak in the league since March 2015.
– Hougang have won both encounters against Home this season.
Balestier vs DPMM | 1 Sep | 5.30 PM | Bishan | MyCujoo
Team news: Raihan Rahman is suspended for the hosts, while Yura Indera Putera sits this out for DPMM due to suspension as well.
– Balestier have not kept a clean sheet in any of their last 16 league games, their worst such streak since June 2009.
– Balestier have failed to defeat DPMM in any of their last seven encounters, losing four of those.
– DPMM have won just once in their last seven away games, drawing four of those.