News Singapore Premier League • July 22, 2021
Up to 100 fans allowed entry at SPL matches under Phase 2 (Heightened Alert)
A security marshal issues a wristband at Jurong East Stadium, 17 July 2021
SINGAPORE, 22 JULY 2021 – Starting this Friday, 23 July, a maximum of 100 fans will be allowed entry at AIA Singapore Premier League (SPL) matches.
The reduction in number from 250 to 100 is in accordance with guidelines announced by Sport Singapore (SportSG) on 20 July in line with the government’s directive to further tighten community safe management measures by going back to Phase 2 (Heightened Alert). This will take effect starting from tomorrow’s match between Albirex Niigata (S) and Lion City Sailors at Jurong East Stadium.
In order to gain entry, fans will have to produce proof of a negative Antigen Rapid Test (ART) result or certification of having received the full two doses of either the Pfizer-BioNTech/Comirnaty or Moderna COVID-19 vaccine. The ART must be valid until the end of the event and has to be taken at a certified ART practitioner; self-test kit results will NOT be valid for use of entry. Individuals who have been vaccinated will only be admitted if the date of the match falls at least 14 days after their second dose. Furthermore, individuals aged 12 and below will not be allowed entry into the stadium for SPL matches until further notice. More details can be found in Annex A below and via the Ministry of Health’s advisory.
Eligible fans then need to purchase a physical ticket at a dedicated booth at each match venue, which will commence operations two hours prior to kick-off. Tickets will be priced at a baseline of S$8.00 for adults and S$5.00 for concession; however, clubs reserve the right to amend pricing with a maximum price cap of S$15 and will also undertake all ticketing operations. Fans are advised to check in with the respective home clubs for specific ticketing details. A wrist tag will be issued per ticket-holder at the point of the entry to the match; both will allow the fan access to the venue, starting 60 minutes before kick-off.
Fans who enter will be subjected to safe-distancing protocols as well as the usual security protocols at matches, which include bag checks. As such, fans are advised not to bring bags, as well as prohibited items, when attending the matches. Fans are encouraged to arrive early to avoid crowding. In addition, they will also have to adhere to the guidelines set out in the advisory by SportSG on Tightening of Safe Management Measures for Sport and Physical Exercise & Activity For Phase 2 (Heightened Alert) (22 July To 18 August 2021).
The safety of our fans is the SPL’s top priority, and it is only when everyone plays their part by cooperating with the safe management measures, can we ensure that the matches can be experienced in a safe and enjoyable manner for all.
SPL fans will still be able to watch every match LIVE on broadcast at Singtel TV, StarHub TV and live streaming online via the SPL Facebook page and YouTube channel, as well as the Facebook page of 1 Play Sports.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram!
The following conditions must be adhered to for entry to SPL matches:
Individuals exempted from Pre-Event Testing (PET)
- Individuals who have completed the full vaccination regimen and have had time to develop sufficient protection (i.e. two weeks after the second dose of the vaccination) will be allowed to be exempted from Pre-Event Testing. Note that only the Pfizer-BioNTech/Comirnaty or Moderna COVID-19 vaccines are applicable for the exemption to apply.
- An individual will be exempted from PET if you have recovered from COVID-19. You are exempted from PET within 270 days from the date of your:
- 1st positive PCR test obtained in Singapore; or
- 1st positive PCR test obtained overseas, provided that you have an accompanying positive Serology test result obtained in Singapore and proof of your PCR test results overseas.
- If you meet the above criteria, you need to obtain a PET Exemption Notice from any clinic offering ART testing services before you can enter or remain in the stadium. You may obtain a PET Exemption Notice from any MOH approved COVID-19 test providers listed here: https://www.moh.gov.sg/licensing-and-regulation/regulations-guidelines-and-circulars/details/list-of-covid-19-swab-providers.
Acceptable Form of Pre-Event Test
- Fans are required to take the ART as its quicker turnaround time gives you more assurance that your visit to the match can be covered by the remaining validity period of the test, after receiving the required negative result. The ART should be taken on the same day of the match in order to ensure its validity lasts till the end of the match.
- All ART testing MUST be done via a Ministry of Health (MOH) approved COVID-19 test provider facility. Off-the-shelf self-test ART kits are not valid for use of entry into matches.A full list of MOH approved Covid-19 test providers can be found here: https://www.moh.gov.sg/licensing-and-regulation/regulations-guidelines-and-circulars/details/list-of-covid-19-swab-providers.
Verification for Entry into Stadiums
- Fans are required to produce proof of their completed vaccination status via either the TraceTogether or the HealthHub app on their mobile phone along with a valid form of identification such as NRIC or driver’s licence for verification purposes.
- For fans who have done an ART test, they must produce proof of the valid negative test result via either the TraceTogether or the HealthHub app on their mobile phone along with a valid form of identification such as NRIC or driver’s licence for verification purposes.
- Individuals aged 12 years and below are not allowed entry for SPL matches during this time.