Singapore Premier League • August 8, 2019
Singapore Premier League Week 21: Preview
SINGAPORE, 8 AUGUST 2019 – Tampines Rovers and Hougang United have the opportunity to close in on the top with leaders Brunei DPMM not in action, while Home United and Balestier Khalsa will duke it out in the Bishan derby. We take a look at the upcoming midweek matches…
Hougang vs Warriors | 13 Aug | 7.45 PM | Jalan Besar | fas.org.sg/live1
Team news: M Anumanthan is nearing a return to action for the Cheetahs, while Warriors are expected to be near full strength. Farhan Zulkiffli is away with the Singapore Under-18s on international duty and will be unavailable for Hougang.
– Stipe Plazibat has scored or assisted in each of his last four games.
– Hougang have beaten Warriors once in their last eight encounters.
– Jonathan Behe has scored in each of his last three games against Hougang, tallying five goals.
Home vs Balestier | 14 Aug | 7.45 PM | Bishan | fas.org.sg/live1
Team news: Abdil Qaiyyim is suspended for the hosts, who will miss Izzdin Shafiq, Rudy Khairullah and Adam Swandi through injury. Nurullah Hussein is suspended for Balestier, who have Illyas Lee out injured as well.
– Home have not scored a headed goal this season, the only team yet to do so.
– Home have conceded five times in the first 10 minutes of a game this season, the most of any team.
– Balestier have conceded the most headed goals (10) this season.
– Balestier are on a 10-game win-less run in the league, their worst since July 2017.
– Balestier have not kept a clean sheet in their last 14 league games, their worst run since October 2016.
Geylang vs Tampines | 14 Aug | 7.45 PM | Our Tampines Hub | fas.org.sg/live2
Team news: Tampines have the opportunity to move two points behind DPMM with victory against their derby rivals here. Ryaan Sanizal is away on U18 duty, while the same goes for Azri Suhaili and Zikos Chua for Geylang.
– Geylang have failed to beat Tampines in any of their last six encounters, drawing once. Their last win came in the League Cup in July 2017.
– Ryutaro Megumi has scored or assisted in each of his last four games.
– Tampines have the opportunity to win four consecutive league games for the first time since June 2018.