Singapore Premier League • April 26, 2019
Singapore Premier League Week 9: Preview
SINGAPORE, 26 APRIL 2019 – There is a tantalising top-of-table clash in store for us this weekend as leaders Brunei DPMM take on Hougang United, while Balestier Khalsa return to action by hosting bottom side Warriors FC. Meanwhile, Albirex Niigata (S) and Home United will get the weekend started tomorrow as they meet at Jurong East.
Albirex vs Home | 27 April | 5.30 PM | Jurong East | fas.org.sg/live1
Team news: Albirex are at full strength bar Noor Akid Nordin, while Home will not have Shahril Ishak available yet, with Isaka Cernak an injury doubt as well. Izzdin Shafiq is suspended for the visitors after being dismissed in their last game.
– Albirex are unbeaten at home in their last 43 games in all competitions.
– Yoshikatsu Hiraga has scored both of his goals as a substitute.
– Albirex are unbeaten against Home in their last nine encounters.
– Kyoga Nakamura has three assists in his last two games.
– Albirex have scored thrice from corners, the most in the league.
– Home are the only side yet to score from a set-piece this season.
Balestier vs Warriors | 28 April | 5.30 PM | Bishan | fas.org.sg/live1
Team news: Raihan Rahman is suspended for the Tigers, who were not involved in the midweek games. Striker Šime Žužul is an injury doubt and captain Zaiful Nizam has been ruled out for the season. Warriors are expected to be at full strength.
– Balestier have not won in three games.
– Jonathan Behe has scored in each of his last three games against Balestier, tallying five goals.
– Warriors have not won any of their last 12 league games.
– Warriors have not kept a clean sheet in 14 games in all competitions.
DPMM vs Hougang | 28 April | 8.15 PM | Hassanal Bolkiah | fas.org.sg/live2
Team news: The hosts are expected to be at full strength, while Afiq Noor and Nazrul Nazari could be doubts for the visitors. Victory for Hougang will see them dislodge DPMM from the top of the table.
– DPMM are on a club-record 14-game unbeaten streak.
– DPMM have won their last two home games against Hougang.
– DPMM is the only team yet to fall behind in a league game this season; they are also the only team yet to trail at half-time.
– DPMM is the only side yet to concede from a set-piece; Hougang have scored the most goals from set-piece situations (six).
– Both teams have scored a league-high 17 goals each.
– Ten different players have recorded at least one assist for Hougang, at least three players more than any other team.
– Hougang have the joint-most number of different scorers (eight, with Tampines).